1. What did you do in 2015 that you’d never done before?
Some great things like bake macarons and visit New Orleans. And a terrible thing: put a pet to sleep.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Yes, go me! Did 12 months of cooking challenges, and plan on doing a lot of painting and opening an Etsy Shop in 2016.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yup! One of my best friends, Melanie, became a mommy this year! And another good friend, Melissa, had her third
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Aw, this was a rough year. I lost my Grandma in the Spring, when we also lost Brent’s Aunt Jill. And then Pumpkin in the fall. No one is allowed to die in 2016.
5. What countries did you visit?
Just stayed in the US – maybe this year we will dust off the passports!
6. What would you like to have in 2016 that you lacked in 2015?
7. What dates from 2015 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Putting Pumpkin to sleep, that was so hard and I felt guilty for weeks afterwards.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Completing my cooking challenge, as well as diving into watercolors.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Well…some of my cooking challenges, haha. Live and learn.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Ugh I was sick all February and half of March with a never ending sore throat plus a sinus infection, then I tweaked my knee in August and had to stop running for six weeks.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Tickets to New Orleans
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
I feel like I say it every year, but Brent is awesome – he is such a great dad and husband and I really appreciate everything he does for our family.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Donald Trump…or maybe whoever the Hell is actually saying they would vote for him in all those polls I keep seeing. Who are these people? Can Donald Trump go away in 2016?
14. Where did most of your money go?
Mortgage, again. Followed by preschool.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
New Orleans; I was sooooo excited leading up to the trip, and it was amazing to finally be there.
16. What song will always remind you of 2015?
Adele – “Hello” That song was everywhere!
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Sadder, only because of those to whom we had to say goodbye.
b) thinner or fatter? Same, which is A+
c) richer or poorer? Richer (thanks, AMZN stock!)
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
I wish I got to see more of my out-of-town friends.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Reading click-bait articles. Such a time bandit.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
Opened gifts in the morning with Brent and the girls and then hosted Christmas dinner at our home for my side of the family.
21. Did you fall in love in 2015?
Nah, just loved the same old people.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Scandal was probably the show I looked forward to the most every week, but I have to give a major shout-out to Crazy Ex-Girlfriend. I accidentally stumbled upon the pilot and couldn’t stop watching, it’s amazing!
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Trump? I mean, I could ignore him before but now his face is all over TV saying embarrassing things.
24. What was the best book you read?
Spent a decent chunk of 2015 reading the “newest” George RR Martin novel Dance with Dragons, which was good but sooo long. I think the most entertaining read was “The Royal We,” which is essentially Princess Kate fan fic. Favorite dystopian was “Never Let Me Go” and best family drama was “The Lost Saints of Tennessee.”
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Shamelessly enjoyed Taylor Swift’s “1989” and various Ed Sheeran this year.
26. What did you want and get by year’s end?
A new headboard for the master bedroom and a few new skills in the kitchen.
27. What did you want and not get by year’s end?
A new Couch, which we still won’t get until the kids get a bit older, and a six pack, which I didn’t even try to get so I guess I couldn’t have wanted chiseled abs as much as I wanted nachos.
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
Best movie I saw this year was “Her,” which I know wasn’t actually released this year. Best movie I saw in a theater was “Inside Out.”
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Turned 33. I got a massage and then dropped the kids with the inlaws while Brent and I ate dinner while watching the sun set on the pacific.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
I have no idea, it was a pretty satisfying year, all things considered.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2015?
Suburban California Housewife…chic. Okay not that chic. Suburban California Housewife Pajamas.
32. What kept you sane?
Brent, TV, IPA, Wine, Being grateful
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I appreciated Amy Schumer doing stuff like “falling” in front of Kim and Kanye on the red carpet.
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Gun control is always a frustrating and scary issue, as a parent the mass shootings feel even more unnerving.
35. Who did you miss?
36. Who was the best new person you met?
Haha I don’t think I even really met anyone new this year.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2015.
Life gets complicated and you can’t fix it.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
These are the days we’ve been waiting for
And days like these who couldn’t ask for more
Keep them coming
Cause we’re not done yet
These are the days we won’t regret
These are the days we won’t forget
– Avicii “The Days”